Make the most of your bedroom with these ideas for remodelling
Design the bedroom of your dreams
There are many things to consider when you want to remodel your bedroom. What should it look like? How do you create the optimal environment for a good night's sleep? What about the budget? Can you increase the resale value of your house with your bedroom renovation? To make things easy for you, we've come up with a list of things to consider when designing your dream bedroom.
- When improving your bedroom, first make a list of needs vs wants, then make a strict budget and consider the resale value of your home.
- It’s important to consider interior elements for your bedroom, as they can make all the difference to your sleep, including a good mattress and pillows.
- The most essential element of your bedroom is how you incorporate natural daylight and fresh air. Add a roof window with shutters or blinds to your bedroom for increased ventilation and controlled light.
Start by making a list of your needs and wants
Bedrooms are all about interior design: fabrics, paint, plants and wallpaper. A lot can be done with redecoration, but some things need a more extensive overhaul. If your bedroom is too cramped or dark, or needs new flooring, consider remodelling your bedroom. Start by figuring out what's important to you in your bedroom. What is necessary and what can you compromise on? Let a list of your needs and wants guide your process.
Come up with a budget and consider resale valueWhen you've figured out what you want from your bedroom remodel, you need to consider the renovation budget. A bedroom can often be freshened up with simple tricks like new paint and furniture. If you want to transform a small or basic space into a luxurious master bedroom, however, it often requires a major renovation by a contractor. Depending on the changes you want to make to your bedroom, you should devise a budget early in the process to guide your choices. If you're embarking on a major bedroom renovation, think about how the renovation can help increase the overall value of the house.
"Contrary to popular belief, it's not the dark that helps us get a restful night's sleep; it's the light"
Invest in quality products for your interior designWhen you've made a list of what you imagine for your bedroom renovation, you can start thinking about interior design. Many factors play a role in getting a restful night’s sleep; investing in quality interiors can make all the difference. We have a few suggestions on how you can get a good night's sleep.
· Find a mattress that suits you. While a new mattress can be an expensive investment, it is essential for your sleep.
· Choose a good pillow. Along with the mattress, the pillow is essential for a good night's sleep. Ask your local bed retailer to help you find the right pillow.
· New paint will go a long way! Few things can transform a room like a fresh coat of paint. Choose a colour you find calming. This will help you get a more restful night's sleep.
When possible, reuse, recycle and repair or buy second-hand.
The bedroom is where you recharge – make the most of it with natural daylight
Contrary to popular belief, it's not the dark that helps us get a restful night's sleep; it's the light. The sun helps regulate our circadian rhythm and lets our bodies know when to sleep and wake up. Letting natural light into your bedroom gives your body the gift of a balanced sleep circle.
Don't compromise on natural light and good ventilation
Natural light is full of enriching vitamins and benefits and will help improve your overall health and well-being. Create a good sleeping environment in your bedroom with roof windows. With roof windows, you don't have to worry so much about privacy issues, due to the angle they are installed. And you can keep your bedroom well-ventilated all day and night.
Think about the indoor-outdoor connection
Imagine laying in your bed, looking up at the stars. Sounds good? We think so too. Open up your ceiling to the starry night sky and enjoy the beautiful colours of the morning sunrise with roof windows. Invite the indoor-outdoor connection into your bedroom for the perfect start and end to the day!