Roof windows versus façade windows
Experience the benefits of roof windows
Installing roof windows may seem like a big project, but it will lead to a finished result you'll no doubt be happy with for years to come. Here are some of the many benefits of letting in natural light from above.
Bring in more daylight with roof windows
A roof window provides up to twice as much light as a façade window of the same size, while flat roof windows can bring up to three times more. In other words, roof windows will allow the light to penetrate deeper into your home, making a tangible difference to the space.
- Deciding whether to get roof windows versus façade windows is a major decision for home renovation. Roof windows offer two times as much light as façade windows.
- The benefits of roof windows are that they bring more natural light and provide excellent ventilation.
- It is possible to combine roof windows and façade windows in a number of ways, including our 3in1 solution and adding vertical windows directly below roof windows.
Create a healthier environmentA renovation or rejuvenation of your home is an excellent opportunity to create a healthy indoor environment. Roof windows allow you to properly ventilate your home, creating good indoor air quality. The added amount of natural light will positively affect your mind and body.
Rejuvenate your home with roof windows
It is a major task to change the exterior of the home. That's why upgrading your home to incorporate roof windows can be beneficial when you're already renovating. Luckily, adding roof windows will make a significant difference to the environment of your home and will be enjoyed for years to come.
Get a window solution that suits your needs
When choosing your new windows, the most important thing is to find the perfect balance that suits your needs. While roof windows have numerous benefits, you might consider combining façade and roof windows to bring in even more light.
How to combine façade and roof windows
You can maximise the view and daylight distribution by combining façade and roof windows. Here's how:
- If you have a flat roof, combining façade windows with flat roof windows is sure to draw in even more daylight. The VELUX flat roof window solutions will immediately brighten interior spaces.
- Make the most of any room by combining façade windows with the 3in1 window solution. The 3in1 window will transform your favourite spaces with the magic of daylight.
- Bring out the unique character of your house by combining VELUX roof windows. VELUX vertical window elements are designed to be installed directly below a VELUX standard roof window.