Reap all the benefits of daylight with a roof window replacement
- Replacing your roof window can bring more daylight, better indoor climate, better insulation, and improved energy efficiency to your space.
- It may be time to replace your roof window if your window is leaking, the glass is not clear, or the glass is broken.
- Re-roofing offers a great opportunity to replace or upgrade your roof window.
3 benefits of replacing your roof windows
1. A roof windows replacement will transform your spaces with daylight
Natural light can completely change your home. By simply adding more daylight to your rooms, you can create a more comfortable and pleasant environment.
It's recommended that the glazed area of all windows is no less than 20% of the room's floor area to ensure rooms have adequate daylight levels. Choosing a roof window will allow maximum daylight to enter your home and provide up to twice as much light as a façade window of the same size.
Even if you are only replacing your existing roof window as opposed to adding new ones, developments in VELUX products mean that window sashes are slimmer – giving you more daylight than an old roof window of the same size!
2. Replacing your roof windows can improve your indoor climate
Good indoor climate and air quality can improve general well-being and support your ability to concentrate. A roof window replacement provides the perfect opportunity to upgrade the features of your windows. Features such as insulation, soundproofing, remote control, and intelligent home control features can help improve your overall indoor climate and make your home more energy efficient.
3. A roof window replacement is quick and easy!
Contrary to what you may think, a roof window replacement is both quick and easy. A like-for-like roof window replacement can be done in as quickly as four hours! If you opt to upgrade to multiple and/or larger windows, it can be done in just a day or two.
The replacement can also be done with minimal intrusion or destruction of your interior finishes, meaning no mess and no hassle.
Want to know more about the replacement process? Get to know the process here.
When and why should you consider replacing your roof windows
When should you replace your roof windows?
The average lifespan of a roof window ranges from 20 to 30 years with one roofing system. In some cases it may be longer. You may need to replace your roof windows earlier if:
- If your roof windows are broken and cannot be fixed, or if they're leaking
- If the glass is no longer clear or is damaged by water
- If your roof windows have lost the ability to insulate
- If you discover cracks in the window pane or discolouration
- If the room needs more daylight
Another good time to replace your roof windows is when you re-roof. It'll save you money while also ensuring that no damage is done to the roof windows and that the roof materials match.
Get the most out of your home improvement project with a roof window upgrade
Replacing a roof window might seem tedious but necessary to tick off in a home improvement project. That's why many people simply opt for a like-for-like replacement. But that's a shame!
Roof windows have the power to transform a room so that you see it in a completely different light. Take advantage of this golden opportunity to make the most of your home improvement project by exploring different options.