Room lighting for kids: use daylight from above
3 reasons to design your kids' room with daylight
There are many good reasons why you'll love roof windows in your children's room. Let’s take a look:
1. Promote eye health
Do you know that daylight promotes eye development in children and young adults? By surrounding your children with as much daylight as possible from an early age, you can help them develop healthy eyes.
2. Better sleep
Sunlight helps set the body's circadian rhythm (sleep/wake cycle) and allows the brain to learn when it's time for us to fall asleep and wake up. Help your children to sleep better by designing their room with daylight.
3. Encourage healthy growth
Exposure to daylight has many incredible benefits, both physical and mental. Daylight also influences serotonin production, related to feelings of well-being and happiness in children.
- Designing a child’s room with daylight in mind has multiple benefits.
- Exposure to daylight can help promote eye health, improve sleep and encourage healthy growth in children.
- VELUX offer a wide range of roof windows, shutters and blinds to help add daylight and control the climate to create a happy and healthy children's room.
Choose the right skylights for your kids' room
Depending on your wants and needs, you can choose from a wide range of roof windows for your kids' room. Here's all you need to know:
Centre-pivot roof windows
Our centre-pivot roof windows are perfect for children's or youth rooms. Even with toys or furniture placed beneath, the window can be easily opened and closed with the top control bar. VELUX centre-pivot roof windows put fresh air at your fingertips.
Give your kids the best starting point with our roof 3in1 window. The unique design of the roof window will breathe new life into any room and maximise the amount of daylight in the room. Open up wide, panoramic views and let your kids be inspired by the outdoors while spending time in their room.
Did you know you can combine sloping roof windows with vertical windows to bring in twice the daylight? By connecting your roof window with a fixed window in the bottom, you can open up the children's room with a bigger view in a safe way.
Few things are as inspiring as the outdoors! With glass rooflights for flat roofs, you can allow daylight to shine from above as if coming through a portal to another world. Give your children the gift of inspiration with a clear view of the sky.
Blinds and shutters
While you are at it, don't forget about blinds, shutters, and other accessories to enhance your children's experience of their room:
- Blackout roller blinds: Give your children the best possible foundation for a good night's sleep by investing in blackout roller blinds for your VELUX roof windows.
- Insect screen: There's nothing worse than waking up with insect bites. With an insect screen, you and your children are protected. The insect screen is ideal for bedrooms and lets you enjoy a good night's sleep without insects.
- Heat protection: Your children can play in the perfect indoor climate with anti-heat blackout shutters
VELUX ACTIVE: promoting better indoor air quality
Give your children the best conditions for play and creative stimulation with VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO kit. Connect your VELUX roof windows, blinds, and shutters to VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO kit for automatic, sensor-based operations of temperature, humidity, and CO2 levels.
Let us help you
Installation matters, and VELUX Certified Installers can provide personalised advice and a free quote for your kid's room project. VELUX Certified Installers must undergo on-site inspections to ensure that the quality meets the VELUX standard. A VELUX Certified Installer gives you peace of mind and a hassle-free experience.