Throughout the years, VELUX has been highly committed to reducing the environmental impact of the manufacture, use and disposal of our products, and to maintaining high standards of health and safety for our employees.
VELUX develops, manufactures and markets products that provide and control daylight and fresh air in buildings.
Our activities involve the procurement and processing of natural resources. This places upon us a direct obligation towards the environment.
Whilst upholding our tradition of quality and craftsmanship, built over more than sixty years, and conducting our business in a profitable manner, we will continually assess and develop our environmental efforts.
- Design our products so that their environmental impact during manufacture, use and disposal is diminished.
- Use raw materials, water and energy efficiently in order to diminish our effect on the environment.
- Reduce emissions, waste and discharges from our activities.
- Maintain high standards of safety at work for our employees and encourage sound attitudes toward the environment in our field of activities.
- Cooperate with our suppliers, customers and other business partners to achieve higher environmental standards.
- Remain alert to new opportunities enhancing the environmental soundness of our products and manufacturing methods beyond what is generally expected
(Our Environmental Policy, 1997)
Is the international standard for environmental management systems. Since 1997, VELUX has sharpened its focus on achieving its environmental targets, by basing its environmental work on certified management systems.
Our factories are certified to ISO 14001, which underpins our targeted efforts to take a sensible approach to the environment and natural resources by requiring all the factories to set environmental goals and ensure continual improvements.